Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lets go back in time for a moment, shall we?

A day short of a year ago the following was my blog post.  What has changed in a year?  So much that it is overwhelming to try to make a list!  But, here is a brief dissection of last April's post...
1) Something not changed and that quite made me laugh is that Colin's Christmas/birthday gift from This year is sitting on the table today, FINALLY ready to be mailed.  I wonder how surprised he'd be if next year a Christmas gift showed up around Christmas time and a birthday something in February when his birthday actually is? 
2) No more pepsi for me, no more pepsi for me, so no need to wish it into our garden! 
3) No attempt at starting a garden this year.  Kind of saddens me.  But we knew we wouldn't be in this house after the beginning of summer so we decided not to start a garden just to leave it.  Also, last year much much much work on the garden yielded less than one salad's worth of veggies so....perhaps a better method in a new location is what I need to have garden success!
4) I still love that quilt and am feeling pretty motivated to get some sewing done the next week. Lots of 'started projects' just need finishing.

And here you have my post from April 22, 2009:



A couple of weeks ago I decided to finally put together a quilt I saved scraps for during my Christmas gift making. (I also finally finished my brother's Christmas/birthday gift!...Now I just need to get motivated enough to mail it!)
I'm pretty happy with how the quilt turned out, I really wanted one large enough for our bed but was worried it would be to "colorful" to work in a format that large. It is our queen sized bed size but is getting a lot more attention all over the house as I wrap up in the couch or at my desk with it and the kids love it and take it all over the house as well.
The other thing we did a few weeks ago is get a start on our garden. It is still snowy here but I wanted as early of harvest as possible so we decided to start the vegetable garden in the living room and move it out to the green house and to the garden towards mid to end of May. It is so satisfying to know that we'll have our own healthy veggies, organic, and not shipped from far away, and not paid for at the grocery store! Now if we could just grow our own cheese...(and pepsi) haha.

No comments: