Friday, April 16, 2010

Breathing some serenity



This is something that has been bringing peaceful happy moments into my life the last couple of days. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffengger.  Oh, and my cozy bright bedspread, in time for spring, rescued from a pile of 'throw away' someone else had. It's making my bed, and my room a brighter place to hang out.
Anywhooo...  A while ago I read Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project.  One of the things she said in there was something about re-reading being one of her favorite kinds of reading.  I have to agree.  If a book struck you the first time, chances are there is more to be gained the second (or third or fourth) time through.
Since first reading The Time Traveler's Wife the year it came out, while living in my little tiny apartment in Evanston with my little tiny kiddo, I've re-read it many times.  I believe this is the 5th time I'm reading it.  I always find happiness here, and power, and peace.  This book is absolutely in my top 5 favorites.  For me, I find myself being rocked on an emotional journey that transcends into my real life and is somehow so comforting and healing.  Combine all this with the simple "have time to lay around and read" and oh, I'm happy!
Not, however, much to say about the movie except, I don't hate it.  I expected to hate it.  I don't.  It isn't horrible at all, kind of good actually.  Just not as powerful as the book, of course.
Off I go to read, and be transported. Candlelight and bubble bath reading time, is there anything better?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here is wishing you much serenity and peace! Happy days to you my dear. I'm glad you are finding ways to take care of you a bit now and then.