Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Happy Birthday to my mom!


We had a birthday party for my mom tonight.  It was a lot of fun!  Can't tell you how old she turned.  Because I'm not sure.  She's a little unsure about the year she was born! :)

I made Chicken Marsala for dinner and a little cupcake cake for her.  We gave her flowers and books for her birthday.  After dinner and singing and cake we played a bit of Blackjack.  Because Grandma wanted to, and it was her birthday!  So, we taught the 9 year old how to gamble.  Funny.  It was such a good time!  I found that I am much like my dad, an eternal optimist.  Always so sure I'm going to win.  "I have a nineteen, do I want another card....sure~!!! The next card MUST be a 2!!"  And tonight, I found that my dad plays the same way! 
We did hear a funny story tonight about my parent's honeymoon to Jackpot years ago that pertains to gambling.  I'll get around to sharing that story soon.  Its a funny one!  But for tonight I just want to say Happy Birthday to my Mom!  We love you!

3 comments:

Mary Lynn Evans said...

Tell your mom happy late birthday for me!!! I need to play you in blackjack ... haha ... I'd win. :)

Jen said...

Your mom let you take a picture! You should have posted the one I took on David's birthday. Does she know you have a blog with picture's of her on it?

Dena Moon said...

It was her birthday so its a rule that she has to be in a picture!
ML, My dad and I also won most often. Optimism works! :)