Sunday, March 14, 2010

Things that made me smile last week, an incomplete list

~I have been blog hopping and found my 'breathe' show up here, on this post.  It is kind of fun to see my stuff pop up somewhere and I wanted to share.
~This was left on my porch for me one day when I was at work.  It really did brighten my day, and make me very thankful for the wonderful people who've come into my life!

~Talking books with my son.  He has read some books he loves loves loves and wanted me to read them so we can talk about them.  So early in the week I read Hatchet by Gary Paulsen and have had so much fun talking with Spencer about what he liked and didn't about the book.
~The beauty in spending time with people I love.
~My new phone!  Finally got around to getting my phone replaced (I think John has been trying to talk me into doing this since, oh, October or so and I finally did it, and am so happy with a RED phone that works well!)
~Turning said phone of for long spans of time each day.  It makes me feel free!  And NOT getting messages is sometimes just a great thing!
~Snow is melting!  It makes me so hopeful that it'll be all melted someday!  Do you think the second weekend in April is too soon to hope for spring here?  I want to have a yard sale and get rid of more more more stuff.
~A sign I saw that resonated with me that said "If you love life Life will love you back".
~People Ice Fishing that had written in ten foot letters on the snow "NO FISH"  Oh, how I wish I'd had my camera with me! 
~Just kissing, because it is pretty wonderful.
~A phone call from my niece Danica, just because she misses us.  We miss her too!  So much.
~The time change!  One of my favorite days of the year!  I love the longer days this change brings.  John did remind me though, that back in high school we were more fond of the other time change, in the fall, when days would get shorter and dark would come earlier so it was easier to find a place to 'park'.  Silly memories.

No comments: