Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm Thankful, #5 ~Friends!




I just found this great blog entry about a so much fun long weekend that I had in September.  Since she did such a great job, and has some great pictures, I'll let her tell the story.  Just click HERE and go see!

Another thing I'm so very thankful for, my WONDERFUL friends!  I do have such great friends.  I'm pretty good at choosing them I guess:)

Are friendships with  girlfriends something that boys understand? The reaction John has when I go over cell minutes talking to Emily makes me wonder.
But when I just NEED to go be with Emily, or Corie then I do and feel much better about the world. I feel revived.  We do things girls do, we talk, we talk we talk, about the good stuff, the bad stuff, the silly stuff, sad stuff.  And we laugh, mostly we laugh.  We support each other and cheer each other on.  We celebrate each others little victories, we go on tiny hour long vacations when needed.  We have inside jokes, we create together, we are sounding boards for each other.  My list could go on and on.


I feel that I've been lucky my whole life with good friends.  We were talking tonight at dinner about when your birthday falls making you the older, or younger kid in your school class.  My parents were talking about how my birthday fell on the deadline so I had to wait to start kindergarten and was one of the older in my class.  That made me think how lucky that one little thing was, if not for that I wouldn't have had Teresa, Erin or Candice to hang out with in my childhood days.  And how would have I gotten through those teenage years without Shanie, or Cari, or Kym or Patty?

I've met a few friends throughout the years that I'm sure I knew in a past life.  Soul mate friends.   I think it took less than an hour to feel that Emily, Mary Lynn, or Amy were GOOD friends (and I was right, our years and years of friendship say). And Carey, and Suzy.
And now, with sisters-in-law, I've discovered what a blessing it is to have friends that are sisters.  I would never have guessed  how funny making pancakes could be.  I have a sister, and love her, but our age difference was always such that we were in such different stages of life that we were only close for a little while.  These new found sisters of mine are wonderful, and it is almost like experiencing having sisters for the first time.

Also, I'm so happy and excited to be finding such fantastic fun girls to hang out with here where I live! Yay for new friends!Yay for new friends who make you lattes!!  Yay for new friends who you can just be yourself with like you were old friends!!

For all of the fantastic women in my life, I am thankful.

1 comment:

Nate and Emily said...

I am so thankful to have you as a friend, too! It always makes liefe easier to have good people around, and I am so tahnkful that you goout of your wayso often to come and see us!!