Sunday, January 04, 2009

Taffy Making with Grandpa



Just a note, this post was started days and days ago but I ran out of time uploading the video. I'm trying again. Why does it take soooooo long????????


s

We've had such a fun busy couple of weeks! David was able to stay with us for a week after the girls had to go home and we stayed oh so busy. It was so sad to see the holiday break come to an end and say goodbye to kids!
Here is a little video footage from our annual taffy making night. (I know at one point I comment that it is a 10 minute video and in actuality it is only 3.5ish, I know, I know.)
Making taffy with my dad was always so fun as a kid. Really we mainly watched and kept my dad company while he made taffy but "helped" is a strong word. We were good taste testers though! I love watching our kids enjoy this activity with Big Grandpa too! It has become a Christmas (usually Christmas Eve) tradition and the kids look forward to it and talk about it for months after wards.
Here you go Auntie Liza! You asked for more, and while it may not be just what you had in mind.....
I have many of pictures to post and it will happen soon, I promise. Just not tonight! (As I'm sitting here STILL waiting for this video to upload!!!) It has given me time to read a bit of this: and this and this and to watch some funnies on this. And more, much more. Music has been added to my itunes for my new ipod. Pictures have been uploaded to Facebook. Games have been played with Spencer and Stanton. Still waiting for this video to upload. Sheesh. Seriously? Now I'm to the point where I'm doubting it will be worth it. I'm trying to remember why this 3.5 minutes of footage was going to be worth sharing. Oh me. Oh my.


No comments: