Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Tag


When do you start listening to Christmas music?
It used to be not until about the 20th of December but I've become less Scrooge-like the past few years and can handle them starting around the first of December. But never after the 25th~!!
When do you put up your Christmas tree?
This year around the 8th or 9th? Usually mid December. Except when Emily was my roommate, then it was late Novemberish.
Favorite Christmas movie?
Elf and Home Alone. But if I had to name just one..........Elf.
Favorite Christmas song?
Has always been "Baby its Cold Outside" but that's more of a 'winter' song and not so much a Christmas song. My favorite Christmas song is Silent Night. Right now is Christmas music is wonderful time in my head so they're kind of all my favorite right now. I really really wish I could find a copy of "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"!!! I really need that one!
Favorite Christmas tradition?
Reading Christmas stories to Spencer Christmas Eve by Christmas tree Light with Hot Chocolate. (on Doug's years it happens a few days early.) I also have always loved setting up the Nativity set, as a little girl at my parents house and still now in mine.
Favorite Christmas book?
"Red Ranger Came Calling" by Berkeley Breathed. Seriously wonderful book, if you haven't read it you must go find it. Now. Go. Hurry. Don't miss out on it another minute!
Oh and 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' is good too!
Fun Christmas memory?
As a mom there are so many! The year Spencer, Doug and I did Christmas in Evanston when Spencer was I think 4. Spencer was worried that our apartment didn't have a chimney and so he dumped a whole bag of carrots outside the back door so the reindeer would be sure to stop at our house. That same year Spencer got a note from Santa because one of his gifts had fallen off the sliegh and Santa was going to mail it to him later. Spencer was so excited to check the mail (every 20 minutes) for the next week! He loved getting a letter from Santa! (that was one of the years Spencer was a Godzilla fan and the toys were being sent from Japan (ebay)).


If you were one of Santa's reindeer, which one would you be?
I think this question is just too lame to answer. Seriously.
I tag anyone who wants to do this.....

1 comment:

Mary Lynn Evans said...

Hey, My mother-in-law just got my kids that CD with I want a Hippopatumus for Christmas. I'll have to get you a copy.