Sunday, May 02, 2010

Less stuff, I want less stuff


As we continue in the 'rid ourselves of clutter' mode and continue cleaning up and preparing to move out of this house I'm fighting feeling overwhelmed.  Actually I'm teetering on the fence between overwhelmed and just addicted to getting rid of more stuff! It feels so good to 'lighten the load'.  I know it has been said again and again but truly I feel lighter emotionally as I get rid of stuff.  Less baggage all the way around.  I love it.

I have downsized my book collection by at least half.  I still have about a billion, maybe on my next time through them I'll be able to part with more.  Books are heavy, boxes of books are no fun to move!  I'm trying to adopt the philosophy that I can part with them and if I'm supposed to read them again they'll find their way into my life one way or another later on.  Trust the universe right?

The more we get rid of the more I want to get rid of.  I want much less stuff.  Moving would be so pleasant (as pleasant as moving can be) with only stuff I need/use/want instead of all this extra that I don't really know why we've held on to.  It is a big job in front of me.  Wish me luck!

We have found a great source for boxes!  John's brother and sister-in-law just moved in just down the street from us so as they unpack they're passing their boxes on to us.  See how I'm focusing on the positive instead of how sad sad sad it is that they live so close now and we're moving?  Really though we're quite sad that we'll only be neighbors for a few weeks.  We'll just have to find a way to make the most of the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Heather said...

We are going through the same thing right now. I have such a huge desire to rid our home of clutter and all of the things that we no longer need.
How nice to have a source of boxes so close. That is one thing that I keep searching for.

Dena Moon said...

It is wonderful to have a garage full of boxes handy anytime I feel motivated to pack a bit or sort, or purge! I'm loving seeing our things find new homes!