Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Side by Side


Last week there was a day like this.  I wish I'd had a better camera with me at the moment, since these pictures do not do it justice but I didn't, so I'll have to make due with these.  
It was one of those magical days that you almost can't believe.  In one direction it is sunny and bright and clear and on the other side of a very straight line, like it was drawn with a ruler, it is dark and gray and black and heavy.  Like two very different days sitting side by side and somehow I'm there and able to see them both. I drove from what felt like one day right into the next.  It makes you want to look a little further and see if yesterday's yesterday or tomorrow's tomorrow is sitting there in plain view too, if you just take time to look.  Magical. 

1 comment:

Micah and Melinda said...

I love days like that... I love seeing a summer storm blowing in... and then right after the storm has blown through and the sunrays hit the rainsoaked world, and its like the plants have grown diamonds!

You make me wish summer would hurry up and come!!