Monday, April 20, 2009

Things I miss about living in Utah

The parking pass we put on a truck (from Wyoming) that blocked in Corie's car at the expo. haha
visiting Brock for his birthday
Yay!!!!!! Expo Coupon!!!
Tree Monkey Darien



Our Danica-Dena day
Deja the pioneer!


Things I miss about living in Utah:
My nieces
Less snow
Emily, Corie, Charlotte
The dollar theater
Less snow
Paradise Cafe'
The bird park

In March I was able to make a couple of trips to fight cabin fever and go see people I miss so much.
Mid March here is as good as Mid Winter. While this time of year brings thoughts of Springtime and thaw to those of you who live elsewhere, we're still shoveling the snow from the driveway every day. I was able to escape to "tropical" Utah for a day to have a "Danica-Dena" day and go to Deja's school program. The day started with a couple of massages then I went to the school to pick up Danica. We went to lunch, did a little shopping, and to the park. There wasn't snow at the park! The smell of wet earth and springtime was oh so lovely! We had a great time feeding the birds, walking on the trail and then playing on all the playgrounds! Such a great afternoon! And how about those cowboy boots? So stylin'! Danica and I, for the past couple of years, have had "Danica-Dena" days at least a couple of times a week. Being the youngest of the kids she always had a different school schedule so there was a lot of time she was the only one there. Now that I don't live around the corner anymore one of the things I miss most is these girls and especially these special days.
I was lucky enough to be able to go to Deja's Utah History program that her grade put on at the school that afternoon. Isn't she a cute pioneer?

Another escape to tropical Utah a weekend or two later was for the Scrapbook Expo with Corie, and an extra day of scrapbooking the next day with Charlotte. And a sleepover at Emily's. This was the weekend of Brock's birthday, I think he and Spencer thought it was pretty fantastic to get together for his birthday. And then a couple of doctor's appointments. A fantastic long weekend vacation if you don't count the doctor visits:)

2 comments:

Candice said...

I'm glad you got in some tropical vacations this spring :o) It's so crazy, when you grow up in WY you think that 6 month winters are the norm until you get to live in a location where winter actually begins in December and spring comes in March. I hope the snow in the valley melts soon for you!

Corie said...

haha i love these pics! we are so funny!